Enova Data Smackdown Contest
- No Purchase Necessary TO ENTER THIS CONTEST. A Purchase OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR Chances Of Winning.
- THIS IS A SKILL-BASED CONTEST.
- VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- AFFIDAVIT OF ELIGIBILITY / RELEASE OF LIABILITY MAY BE REQUIRED.
- ALL DISPUTES WILL BE RESOLVED SOLELY BY BINDING ARBITRATION AND ENTRANTS WAIVE THE ABILITY TO BRING CLAIMS IN A CLASS ACTION FORMAT.
- TO PARTICIPATE IN THE CONTEST, ENTRANTS MUST ATTEND THE ENOVA DATA SMACKDOWN COMPETITION (THE “EVENT”) TAKING PLACE AT THE ENOVA INTERNATIONAL OFFICE – FIFTH FLOOR KITCHEN AT 5:30 PM CENTRAL TIME (“CT”) ON February 8, 2018 (THE “EVENT DATE”) LOCATED AT 175 WEST JACKSON SUITE 1000, IN CHICAGO, ILLINOIS.
BY ENTERING (OR OTHERWISE PARTICIPATING) IN THE CONTEST, YOU MUST AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH CREATE A CONTRACT SO READ THEM CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING. WITHOUT LIMITATION, SUCH CONTRACT INCLUDES GRANTS OF RIGHTS AND INDEMNITIES TO SPONSOR FROM YOU AND A LIMITATION OF YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES.
- Eligibility. The Enova Data Smackdown Contest (the “Contest”) is open only to individuals (including groups of up to four (4) individuals) who are, as of the Event Date: (i) students currently enrolled in College; (ii) at least eighteen (18) years of age; and (iii) in attendance at (and willing to participate in) the analytics competition taking place at the Event. Employees, officers and directors of Enova International, Inc., d/b/a Enova Financial (“Sponsor” or “Enova”), its parent, and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, distributors and other suppliers, and each of such employees’, officers’ and directors’ immediate family members and/or those living in the same household (whether legally related or not) of each are not eligible to enter the Contest. For purposes of this Contest, immediate family members are defined as spouse, partner, parents, legal guardians, in-laws, grandparents, siblings, children and grandchildren and those living in the same household shall mean people who share the same residence at least three (3) months a year, whether legally related or not. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these “Official Rules” and the decisions of the Judges (defined below) and/or Sponsor, which are binding and final on matters relating to this Contest, including, without limitation, interpretation of the Official Rules. Void where prohibited by law.
- How to Enter and Determining the Winners. There will be no charge to attend the Event or participate in the analytics competition; however you will need to register immediately prior to participating in the competition when you first arrive at the Event. To participate, individuals or teams made of up to four (4) individuals must attend the Event on the Event Date and complete a registration form and other paperwork and submit it to Sponsor’s representative prior to the start of the Event. Each participant may be asked to submit personal information about themselves such as his/her full name, address, email address and related registration information as required. Participants may enter the Contest either as an individual or a team. If a team wishes to compete in the Contest, each individual on the team must be eligible pursuant to the eligibility requirements set forth in these Official Rules. Teams can include a maximum of four (4) individuals.
After registration for the Event is concluded, no more individuals or teams will be allowed to participate. During the Event, each individual/team will be required to use standard analytic techniques and/or computational tools and other materials provided by Sponsor to develop a solution to a data set and case study provided by Sponsor. Participants will be given several hours to develop a presentation that makes recommendations and provides solutions to the specific problem/data set that is given out by Sponsor. Individuals or teams who do not participate and stay for the entire Event and/or follow Sponsor’s instructions will be disqualified from winning this Contest.
Limit of one (1) entry per person/team for the Contest. Individuals may only participate on one (1) team. Those who do not follow all of the instructions of Sponsor, provide the required information, or abide by these Official Rules may be disqualified at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. All entries that are not in compliance with the Official Rules may be disqualified from the Contest, at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Sponsor and affiliated entities are not responsible for tampered with or invalid entries.
During the Contest, each presentation along with the analysis and solutions of each participating individual/team will be reviewed by a team of judges (the “Judges”) assembled by Sponsor, who will review and judge all participation in the Contest based on the following judging criteria (collectively, the “Judging Criteria”):
(a) 20%: business understanding;
(b) 20%: preparation of data;
(c) 20%: thoroughness of data modeling;
(d) 20%: validation of the model; and
(e) 20%: presentation
Based on the total score the Judges assign to each individual/team that participates in the Contest using the Judging Criteria, three (3) winning individuals/teams will be ultimately selected by the Judges and each individual/team who is selected will be potential “Winners”, subject to confirmation that the potential Winners have met the eligibility requirements and complied with these Official Rules. If there is a tie after the Judges apply the Judging Criteria, Sponsor will use the presentation category to break the tie and determine the Winners. Based the team/individual that has the highest score after Sponsor has judged the competition as stated above, one (1) “First Prize” winning team (team with the highest total), one (1) “Second Prize” winning team (team with the second highest total) and one (1) “Third Prize” winning team will be selected (team with the third highest total).
- Notification of Winners. The potential Winners will be notified after the conclusion of the Event what place they finished in the Contest. If any potential Winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules for any reason prior to award, such potential Winner may be disqualified and an alternate potential winner may be selected. The Sponsor is not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, damaged, intercepted, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify the potential Winners.
- Prizes. No prizes will be given to winners or participates.
- General Conditions. Released Parties (as defined below) are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, inaccurate, stolen, misdirected, undelivered, delayed, garbled or damaged entries; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, the processing of entries, or in any Contest-related materials. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to participants’ or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading materials from or use of the computers or other materials provided by Sponsor. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Contest or who are in violation of these Official Rules, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified. Should any portion of the Contest be, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play, or submission of entries, or should the Contest be unable to run as planned for any other reason, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest and, if terminated, at its discretion, select the potential Winners from all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to the action taken or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR WILL DISQUALIFY ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL AND RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Release. By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless Sponsor and its parent, and each of their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, distributors, licensors, licensees, representatives, attorneys, and advertising and promotion agencies, and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, successors and assigns (“Released Parties”): from and against and any and all claims, liability, costs, losses, damages or injuries of any kind arising out of or related to entrants’ participation in the Contest and/or related to any prize (including, without limitation, losses, damages or injuries to entrant’s or any other person’s equipment or other property, or to their persons, related to participation in the Contest; or arising out of any violation of rights of publicity or privacy, or claims of defamation or portrayal in a false light; or based on any claim of infringement of intellectual property; or from any typographical, human or other error in the printing, offering, selection, operation or announcement of any Contest activity and/or prize). Without limiting the generality of the foregoing entrants agree that Released Parties: (A) have neither made nor will be in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, in connection with the Contest and/or with respect to prizes, including, without limitation, to any prize to participate; (B) maintain no control over the personnel, equipment or operation of any air, water or surface carrier, ship line, bus or limousine company, transportation company, hotel, manufacturer or other person or entity furnishing services, products or accommodations (“Suppliers”) in connection with the Contest; and (C) will not be responsible or liable for any injury, damage, loss, expense, accident, delay, inconvenience or other irregularity that may be caused or contributed to: (1) by the wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of the Suppliers or any of their agents, servants, employees or independent contractors, (2) by any defect in or failure of any vehicle, equipment, instrumentality, service or product that is owned, operated, furnished or otherwise used by any of those Suppliers, (3) by the wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any other person or entity not an employee of the Released Parties, and (4) by any cause, condition or event whatsoever beyond the control of the Released Parties. Each entrant further agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Released Parties from and against any and all liability resulting or arising from the Contest and to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against the Released Parties. Sponsor is not responsible for the actions of entrants in connection with the Contest, including entrants’ attempts to circumvent the Official Rules or otherwise interfere with the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest. Entrants further understand and agree that all rights under Section 1542 of the Civil Code of California (“Section 1542”) and any similar law of any state or territory of the United States that may be applicable with respect to the foregoing release are hereby expressly and forever waived. Entrants acknowledge that Section 1542 provides that: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH, IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.” The releases hereunder are intended to apply to all claims not known or suspected to exist with the intent of waiving the effect of laws requiring the intent to release future unknown claims.
- Publicity Release. Subject to applicable law, Winners irrevocably grant the Released Parties and each of their licensees, and its and their successors, assigns and sub-licensees the right and permission to use their name, voice, likeness and/or biographical material for advertising, promotional and/or publicity purposes in connection with the Contest, in all forms of media and by all manners (now and hereafter known), and on and in connection with related products, services, advertising and promotional materials (now known or hereafter developed), worldwide, in perpetuity, without any obligation, notice or consideration.
- Suspension / Modification / Termination. In the event Sponsor is prevented from continuing with the Contest by any event beyond its control, including, but not limited to, fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, communications or equipment failure, utility or service interruptions, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared), interference with the Contest by any party, or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend or terminate the Contest. Sponsor additionally reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion: (1) to modify, suspend or terminate the Contest should causes beyond Sponsor’s control corrupt or interfere with the administration, integrity, operation, security or proper play of the Contest; or (2) to disqualify any entrant found to be, or suspected of: (a) tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; (b) acting in violation of these Official Rules; or (c) acting in an un-sportsmanlike manner.
- Limitation of Liability. BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, ENTRANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE CONTEST, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY) NOT TO EXCEED TEN DOLLARS ($10.00), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS’ FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (3) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES NOT TO EXCEED TEN DOLLARS ($10.00), AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (4) ENTRANTS’ REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- Governing Law. This Contest and any dispute arising under or related thereto (whether for breach of contract, tortious conduct or otherwise) will be governed by the laws of the State of Illinois, without reference to its conflicts of law principles.
- Dispute Resolution. The parties each agree to finally settle all disputes only through arbitration; provided, however, the Sponsor shall be entitled to seek injunctive or equitable relief in the state and federal courts in Cook County, Illinois and any other court with jurisdiction over the parties. In arbitration, there is no judge or jury and review is limited. The arbitrator’s decision and award is final and binding, with limited exceptions, and judgment on the award may be entered in any court with jurisdiction. The parties agree that, except as set forth above, any claim, suit, action or proceeding arising out of or relating to this Contest shall be resolved solely by binding arbitration before a sole arbitrator under the streamlined Arbitration Rules Procedures of JAMS Inc. (“JAMS”) or any successor to JAMS. In the event JAMS is unwilling or unable to set a hearing date within fourteen (14) days of the filing of a “Demand for Arbitration”, then either party can elect to have the arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) or any other mutually agreeable arbitration administration service. If an in-person hearing is required, then it will take place in Chicago, IL, New York City, NY, Los Angeles, CA, Atlanta, GA or Dallas, TX (whichever is closest to entrant’s residence); provided, however, if none of these locations are convenient for the hearing, the parties may mutually agree on an alternative location. The federal or state law that applies to these Official Rules will also apply during the arbitration. Disputes will be arbitrated only on an individual basis and will not be consolidated with any other proceedings that involve any claims or controversy of another party, including any class actions; provided, however, if for any reason any court or arbitrator holds that this restriction is unconscionable or unenforceable, then the agreement to arbitrate doesn’t apply and the dispute must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction in Cook County, Illinois. If required to enforce this arbitration provision, Sponsor agrees to pay the administrative and arbitrator’s fees in order to conduct the arbitration (but specifically excluding any travel or other costs of entrant to attend the arbitration hearing). Either party may, notwithstanding this provision, bring qualifying claims in small claims court.
- List of Contest Winners / Official Rules Requests. To receive a list of Winners, prior to February 28, 2018, send a stamped self-addressed envelope to: Enova Data Smackdown Contest Winners List, Attn: Recruiting, 175 West Jackson, Suite 1000, Chicago, IL 60604. For a copy of these Official Rules, send a legal-size, self-addressed, stamped envelope to Enova Data Smackdown Contest Official Rules, Attn: Recruiting, 175 West Jackson, Suite 1000, Chicago, IL 60604 prior to the end of the Entry Period. Vermont residents may omit return postage with Official Rules requests.
- Identification of Sponsor. This Contest is sponsored by: Enova International, Inc., d/b/a Enova Financial, 175 West Jackson, Suite #1000, Chicago, IL 60604.
- Information Submitted. As a condition of entering the Contest, each entrant gives consent for Sponsor to obtain and deliver his or her name, address and other information to third parties for the purpose of administering this Contest and to comply with applicable laws, regulations and rules. Any information entrants provide to Sponsor may be used to communicate with entrant in relation to this Contest or on a Contest Winner’s list.
- Miscellaneous. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision of the Official Rules are determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, the other provisions will remain in effect and will be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules will not constitute a waiver of that provision. Entrants agree to waive any rights to claim ambiguity of these Official Rules. Headings are solely for convenience of reference and will not be deemed to affect in any manner the meaning or intent of the documents or any provision hereof. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials and/or the terms and conditions of the Official Rules, the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
//END OFFICIAL RULES//