Effective Date: January 1, 2020
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), we are required to inform California residents who are our job applicants about the categories of personal information we collect about you and the purposes for which we will use this information. This notice applies only to personal information that is subject to the CCPA.
CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect the following categories of personal information about our job applicants who are California residents:
- Personal and online identifiers (such as first and last name, email address, or unique online identifiers) for you
- Professional or employment-related information
- Education information
- Other information about you that is linked to the personal information above or that you otherwise provide to us in the course of your application for employment
HOW WE USE JOB APPLICANTS’ PERSONAL DATA
We use and disclose the personal information we collect for our business purposes. These business purposes include, without limitation:
- Processing, evaluating, and communicating with you about your application, including to check references or your background, and communicate with you about jobs that may interest you.
- Other business purposes as identified in the CCPA, which include:
- Auditing related to our interactions with you;
- Legal compliance;
- Detecting and protecting against security incidents, fraud, and illegal activity;
- Performing services (for us or our service provider) such as account servicing, processing orders and payments, and analytics;
- Internal research for technological improvement;
- Internal operations;
- Activities to maintain and improve our business; and
- Other one-time uses.
For questions or concerns about our practices, please contact us at email@example.com.