Location: Chicago Loop
As a Lead Database Developer, you’ll impact all areas of the business by acting as a technical resource and mentor to junior developers. Our team is responsible for creating schemata, data structures, and designs that enable Enova to store its critical data assets. You’ll be constructing our core data repository for the business, feeding all other functions and directly supporting Enova’s web applications. Projects can vary greatly, be it simply improving our databases and frameworks, or designing new subsystems, there’s rarely a dull moment. We have a passion for data and quality, and are seeking a team lead that shares our enthusiasm.
Enova hires and develops top talent, so as a Lead Database Developer you can expect to hit the ground running, making a significant impact on our team in a relatively short time frame. To get ramped up in a timely fashion, you’ll go through a 30-day intensive training program in our Austin office, where you are paired with a mentor and learn through interaction, lecture, and literature. No one grows as fast as the teacher, so once you’re settled in, you’ll take on approximately 3 junior developers whom you will be responsible for leading, coaching, and mentoring on a project basis. Additionally, our team leads set design direction and standards, make staffing needs known to upper management, estimate deliverables, and manage timelines.
At Enova, we believe in open source tools, working with the absolute cutting edge of database technology. Our tools include PostgreSQL, psql, pgadmin, bash, your favorite editor, and custom in house frameworks. As a seasoned member of the team, you can expect to attend multiple national and international conferences, networking with core contributors of the PostgreSQL database community and further enhancing your skill set.
All in all, exceptional leaders are vital to Enova’s business. Our team is lively yet cohesive. Every member is highly valued as an individual, has a true voice, and makes a direct contribution to Enova. If this is the type of position you’re seeking, keep reading and apply!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent
- Self-starter with a passion for databases
- 3-5 years experience in PostgreSQL database development
- Minimum 1 year as a team lead
- Experience mentoring, coaching, and developing junior database developers or DBA’s
- Proven project management skills, with the ability to allocate resources, manage deadlines, and drive projects to successful completion
- Solid understanding of SQL and database design
- Proven experience designing a transactional database in 3rd normal form
- Experience in a production database environment
- Experience with a stored procedure language
- UNIX or Linux experience
- Ruby, Ruby on Rails
- Perl, Python, C, or R
- Experience with sprint-oriented agile software development
To apply for this position, please submit your resume to email@example.com