About Advanced Analytics:
Advanced Analytics is a diverse team from many academic backgrounds that works on many interesting and intense projects. They help make crucial business decisions based on statistics and the behavior within previous data. Much of this involves statistical model building and data analysis for different types of projects. Advanced Analytics also works closely with other teams, including Business Analytics, Software Engineering and Marketing, to maximize profit gains and advertising dollars. They are always researching new statistical procedures and business ideas to stay a step ahead of the competition. It is an exciting business environment with a focus on the academics of predictive statistics.
- Develop, enhance, and test the Company’s credit risk models for use in determining appropriate lending criteria and verification procedures.
- Develop, enhance, and test the Company’s fraud models.
- Develop models to optimize spend of marketing dollars.
- Conduct ad hoc analysis using statistical and financial tools to recommend risk management, marketing, and operational strategies.
- Communicate to senior management the insights gained through data analysis, through both presentations and write-ups of results and recommendations.
This position will involve working on this P&L website: https://www.quickquid.co.uk
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience in a statistical role utilizing SAS and SQL.
- Advanced programming ability using SAS or other statistical software.
- Ability to write customized SAS programs for meaningful data analysis
- Working knowledge of SQL.
- Proficiency in spreadsheet applications and advanced use of statistical applications/databases.
- Advanced knowledge of statistical/econometric modeling techniques
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, finance, mathematics, statistics, economics, or other business, engineering, or quantitative field.
- Financial or high-tech industry experience with a record of accomplishment
- Knowledge of MS Excel
- Knowledge of general statistics concepts and statistical analysis
- High energy, team player, and creative thinker
- Maturity, good judgment, analytical skills, and hands-on technical skills
- Ability to identify non-obvious solutions to complex problems